Monday, December 8, 2008

iZ [QUOTE]

alleged that it's cost advantage wo...why not build more bs?
http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/telecom/office/iburst/technical_feature06.html

To build a BS is an easy task for iBurst technology because they are using 360 degree omni antenna. However, finding the suitable site is the main problem. In Malaysia, Iz is only allocated 5Mhz channel bandwidth to offer the broadband service and they have limitation to need to build the site on high rise building but not shoplots. So, to avoid interference, it will be a very difficult task to find new site to expand the coverage and to add additional capacity in an area. Meaning if an area is congested, there will be no solution to solve the problem to expand the capacity, one of the disadvantage of omni antenna.


Think about it...
agree with u on this....but...how 'bout ppl that using a year but starting very good speed then drop down to this s**k speed...????
i already do all the thing tat i can do...make a complain....format pc..change router...find signal whole house even outside the house...
but the problem same....only at 4/5am only can get 800kbps...something lucky can 1mb but...why i paid full but only 4-8am can get this speed?
everytime call then only said my router problem, pc problem but they never understand tat already let them know same pc, same router, same area, same place putting the terminal....
but y 4am can get the speed then other then that less then half ???
i not sure that iz planning on adding bs on cheras area or not...i think chances is very low...but if they really plan to do so..plz let me know.
advise to ppl who planning to apply iz...if ur area is new taman, then will be very good..at least u can use for few month at high speed..tat really better then streamyx or maxisbb...but dun commit for a year..if can few month enough..coz they never plan to upgrade the services, adding bs to the area already got the service..
this is very unfair to ppl that already paid whole years..is it ? they juz try to get as much as user they can without thinking how many user tat BS can hold..if u going IT centre ..like lowyat, digital mall..u will see lot of promoter still try to get new user in whole plaza. dun not let them cheating u...they show u the speed at lowyat is very high...
bcoz of working at lowyat, sometime c they showing the speed to customer..really hope i can stop them and tell them stop cheating ppl around lar...
but they juz a promoter...they can't do anything..

izit REAL?
I've been using iZnet about 4 months already.
So far, I always get full 1Mbps and when downloading files from torrent, I can reach till 120KB/s.
I'm living in Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park. Maybe here got nobody using iZnet..
Ain't there anyone out there who always get 1Mbps consistently?
I always heard many complains here..
Bump !So far, I had accustomed to Iz service, and I am glad to say that " I am satisfied with it ", although sometime Iz do had downtime and lousy speeds.
Plus, today I log in into my Iz account, and I just discovered that after 1 week i start using Iz, a month free subsciption had been "given" to me by I-dono-who person. Eric, what happen ? Haha.
Yet, I am considering to terminate Iz soon. Will ask the customer service whether I can temporally "pause" my account...
Oh, I am having half of yours, ranging from 40KB to max 70KB, and I am satisfied.
Guys,Here's a tip for you guys who are using iZ..
If you are having a LAN adapter and are not planning to use it,
disable it on your network connection or on your hardware properties.
This can solve the slow boot when starting your pc.
I guess it's because there's a conflict between your USB iZ connection and other LAN connection.

iZ is throttling even HTTP download ???
...I'm just here to share my findings which could be true or wrong as well.
Apart from that, what leading me to think they are doing some throttling or controlling over http download(in fact, i think is overall bandwidth) is because i can see a pattern on the download speed and the pattern repeat itself everyday.
Everyday, at 2am to 6am there will be a sharp increase in speed which is relative to the speedtest result i got from iz site.
ok let me explain further, let say i start downloading a file at 12 am,
it will download very very slow.
When it reaches 2am on the dot, it will always go full speed.
If the download have not finish by 6am on the dot also, i will see a sharp speed decrease in speed which return the download speed to similar to before 2am.
And this happens everyday without fail.
congestion could be a possible reason but i choose not to believe congestion is the root cause based on the above explanation.
I don't believe most of the users in my area stop downloading at 2am thus relieving the network congestion and start downloading again a 6am thus causes congestion again.
It just doesn't sound right haha

No comments: